|AETC Board of Directors|
|AETC Board Meeting Schedule|
|Community Service Report|
|FCC Public File|
|Submit your Film|
MOVING TO DIGITAL CHANNEL 4 JANUARY 1!
The WORLD Channel is moving to a new place on Alabama Public Television's digital line-up beginning Sunday, January 1 and viewers who receive APT over the air will have to rescan for channels in order to watch. (If you have cable, your cable operator will take care of this.) The WORLD Channel will become APT's new digital channel 4. APT is already simulcasting WORLD on channels 2 and 4 so that viewers have plenty of time to rescan and avoid interruption of the WORLD service.
Most viewers have experience rescanning for channels following thunderstorms or other disruptions to their signal, or to pick up new digital channels offered by stations in their area. If you haven't done it recently, the best thing to do is refer to your owners manual. Otherwise, the following general steps should help you through the process. All televisions are a little different, so menu options may vary.
TELEVISION CHANNEL SCAN
1. Using your television's remote control, press the Menu or Settings option. (A "Smart TV" may have a smart button that must be used to access the settings menu. It will generally have the manufacturer's logo on it.)
2. Locate Channels or Tuner Set Up option.
3. Check the menu for an option of Antenna Type or Connection Type followed by either Antenna or Cable. Choose Antenna.
4. From the menu, choose Digital Channel Search (based on manufacturer, alternate choices may include Channel Scan, Channel Search or Autoprogram.)
5. Allow the TV to complete the search. You will see a bar listing how many channels have been found.
6. Once complete, confirm the menu prompt, then press an exit or quit option.
Sometimes a double rescan is needed to clear the memory of your digital TV or converter box. To do this:
1. Disconnect the antenna from the Converter Box or Digital TV.
2. Rescan without the antenna connected. As with any scan, follow the on-screen instructions or owner's manual for your device.
3. Unplug the Converter Box or Digital TV from the electrical outlet for one minute.
4. Reconnect the antenna to the Converter Box or Digital TV and plug the unit into the electrical outlet.
5. Rescan the Converter Box or Digital TV one more time.
If you have difficulty receiving WORLD after rescanning, or if your cable company doesn't make the switch on January 1, contact APT Viewer Services at 1-800-239-5233.
On January 16, APT's digital channel 2 becomes the PBS Kids Channel.