Yung Thi Bui-Kincer
2009-10 Alabama Teacher of the Year
Booker T. Washington Magnet High School
Montgomery County School System
- Masters of Education, Secondary Education (Biology), Auburn University Montgomery, August 2006
- Bachelor of Science, Secondary Education (Biology), Auburn University Montgomery, December 2003
- Facilitator for Bridge Builders Junior Conferences where students from public, private, parochial, and home schools learn to communicate, understand, and build trust to develop themselves into leadership roles.
- Facilitator for Bridge Builders Senior Conferences where students from public, private, parochial and home schools build upon their skills from their junior year to become leaders through community projects, discussions, adventure education and first-hand experiences with community leaders.
- School sponsor for Booker T. Washington Magnet High School junior and senior Bridge Builders, 2007-2009
- Assistant Director for Bridge Builders, 2008 - 2009
- Committee member for Auburn University Montgomery School of Education Advisory Council, 2006-2007
- Presenter - Alabama State Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (ASAHPERD) on Managing Stress In and Out of the Classroom and Surviving Internship.
- 2009-2010 Alabama Teacher of the Year
- 2009-2010 School Board District V Secondary Teacher of the Year
- 2009-2010 Montgomery County Secondary Teacher of the Year
- Alabama Power New Teacher Grant
ABOUT THE ALABAMA TEACHER OF THE YEAR
The state Teacher of the Year Program recognizes and honors the many contributions of our classroom teachers. Alabama's Teacher of the Year Program is one of the oldest and most prestigious award programs for teachers. The program is affiliated with the National Teacher of the Year Program. The National Teacher of the Year Program, presented by the ING Foundation, is a project of the Council of Chief State School Officers and sponsored by Scholastic Inc. Each year, Alabama's Teacher of the Year is a candidate for the National Teacher of the Year.
To nominate a teacher or to find out more please visit the State of Alabama Department of Education website.