Give online or call Member Services at 1-800-239-4000 or 1-800-239-5233.
My Music returns to the era of the legendary orchestras, great singers and song standards in The Big Band Years, drawing upon the most beloved melodies that kept the home fires burning and soldiers' hearts alive during World War II and then kick-started the Baby Boom. DVD includes all of the performances seen in the broadcast program and bonus content as well.
DVD Track List:
1. In The Mood - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
2. (I've Got A Gal In) Kalamazoo - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
3. Chattanooga Choo-Choo - Tex Beneke
4. Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy - The Andrews Sisters
5. Heart & Soul - Larry Clinton & His Orchestra with Bea Wain
6. Tuxedo Junction - Harry James & His Orchestra
7. Skyliner - Charlie Barnet & His Orchestra
8. Green Eyes - Bob Eberly & Helen O'Connell
9. I'll Never Smile Again - Tommy Dorsey / Frank Sinatra & The Pied Pipers
10. Dream - The Pied Pipers
11. Minnie The Moocher - Cab Calloway
12. Sing, Sing, Sing - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra
13. These Foolish Things - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra
14. Guy Lombardo Hits Medley - Guy Lombardo & His Orchestra
15. Sammy Kaye Hits Medley - Sammy Kaye & His Orchestra
16. Tex Beneke Hits Medley - Tex Beneke & His Orchestra
17. Lawrence Welk sign-off - "Goodnight, Everyone" (encore credit act)
18. Take The "A" Train - Duke Ellington (encore credit act
DVD Bonus Material (approx. 40 additional minutes)
19. Peter Marshall's Lost Big Band Show. An entire lost show with the original big band hit makers featuring "In The Mood," "Tuxedo Junction," "Elmer's Tune," "Moonlight Cocktails," "(I've Got A Gal In) Kalamazoo," "Don't Sit Under The Apple Tree" and "Moonlight Serenade." Performers include Tex Beneke, Ray Eberly, Paula Kelly and The New Modernaires. This live concert took place at the Hollywood Palladium in the early 1980s.
20. Stardust - Jack Teagarden & His Orchestra with Hoagy Carmichael
21. Deep Purple - Larry Clinton & His Orchestra with Bea Wain
22. It's Been A Long, Long Time - Stan Kenton & His Orchestra with June Christy
23. Interview with Woody Herman
24. Interview with Artie Shaw
25. Interview with Doris Day & Les Brown
Running Time: 110 minutes approx.