Recommended for Eighth Grade
Click here to go to APT's ProportionLand.
About the Website
Welcome to ProportionLand, a fun-filled adventure of carnival rides and games! The Main Menu greets you with a map of the park. There are eight different attractions. Each offers the opportunity to investigate science-based problems using proportional reasoning.
Each Attraction is divided into five sections based on the 5E Instructional Model:
· Engage – a short video clip that presents the problem to be investigated
· Explore – an interactive flash game that requires students to use proportional reasoning
· Explain – a guided explanation of the problem in the video and/or interactive
· Extend – remediation and enrichment activities
· Evaluate – a short, multiple-choice assessment with hints. Results can be printed and submitted to the teacher.
Each page has links to Teacher Resources and Student Resources. These inlcude lesson plans, background information, handouts and student worksheets to accompany the activity on that page.
The Main Menu also links to the following:
· Explorations Only, which takes you directly to a Flash interactive for each Attraction
· Evaluations Only, which takes you directly to the assessments for each Attraction
Take a journey to four incredible places where math springs to life right before your students' faces - visit the STEM Collaborative website.