10.) Describe uses of recycled materials.
Examples: manufacture of paper products from old newspapers, production of mulch from trees
13.) Describe ways to sustain natural resources, including recycling, reusing, conserving, and protecting the environment.
• Recognizing the impact of society on human health and environmental conditions
9.) Describe land-use practices that promote sustainability and economic growth.
Examples: no-till planting, crop rotation
• Defining various types and sources of waste and their impact on the soil
- types-biodegradeable, nonbiodegradeable, organic, radioactive, nonradioactive;
- sources-pesticides, herbicides
• Identifying ways to manage waste, including composting, recycling, reusing, and reclaiming