8.) Identify Newton's three laws of motion.
• Defining terminology such as action and reaction forces, inertia, acceleration, momentum, and friction
• Interpreting distance-time graphs
12.) Classify waves as mechanical or electromagnetic.
- mechanical-earthquake waves;
- electromagnetic-ultraviolet light waves, visible light waves
• Describing how earthquake waves, sound waves, water waves, and electromagnetic waves can be destructive or beneficial due to the transfer of energy
• Describing longitudinal and transverse waves
• Describing how waves travel through different media
• Relating wavelength, frequency, and amplitude to energy
• Describing the electromagnetic spectrum in terms of frequencies
Example: electromagnetic spectrum in increasing frequencies-microwaves, infrared light, visible light, ultraviolet light, X rays