Recommended for Teacher
APT Video and Resource Catalog
Table of Contents
Science pages 1-7
Social Studies/History pages 8-11
Social Studies/Geography pages 11-12
Alabama History and Geography pages 12-15
Language Arts and Reading pages 15-18
Driver’s Education page 18
Career Technology pages 18-24
Early Childhood-Pre-K and Elementary Education pages 25-27
Fine Arts Education pages 28-29
Mathematics pages 29-31
Technology page 31
Key to Headings and Layout of Catalog
Science (Curriculum Heading)
Alabama Stories (APT Video Program Heading)
5 videos (Number of videos in program listed)
9 segments (Number of video segments in the program listed)
1)Aliens Among Us (Title of Individual Video)
Plants (Subject heading for classification)
http://www.aptv.org/VIDEOROOM/viewprogram.asp?FileID=1085 (Website link)
Aliens Among Us". Sounds like a B Sci-Fi movie, or a special on the immigration issue, but in this week's Alabama Stories, Tim Lennox explores the invasion of alien plants and animals in Alabama. One of them is described as such a big threat to Alabama's environment that a war council was convened in May to form a battle plan. (Video Description)
Guide to Using this Catalog
1) Locate your curriculum heading using the Table of Contents.
2) Locate the page/pages for your curriculum and browse through the APT Video Programs and Titles under each curriculum heading to locate specific videos you may be able to use in your course.
3) Read the description of the video.
4) Click on the web link and preview the video.
5) If the video is appropriate for your course, hyperlink the web link in the selected session of your course.
6) If you find a video that fits your course, but you only need a segment or segments of the video, watch the video carefully and notice the time lapse at the bottom of the video. Mark the time you would like your segment to Start and mark the time you want the segment to Stop.
7) Contact Kathy Mitchell at APT through e-mail at email@example.com or call 1-800-239-5233 ext.190 with the APT video program and title of the video you would like segmented for use in your course.
8) Contact Kathy Mitchell if you have any questions about including APT video or resources in your course.